Monday, July 11, 2011

Don't Forget To Stop And Smell The Roses.

Wow!  Looking at a calendar this internship has flown by.  It's hard to believe that it's over half way over.
I have being enjoying myself at work, working on a few different things for the village. I have searched for and found a few grants that some volunteer organizations can apply for next year or in the fall, and I am still waiting to hear back from a few organizations to see if they need any assistance.
Yesterday I was sent on a little adventure to take pictures of Forestburg.  Some of these pictures were of places in the village that I deemed to be of importance from the view of an outsider, while other pictures will be sent to the Communities in Bloom National Office, showcasing what Forestburg has to offer. I enjoyed exploring the village with a camera in hand and discovered why this community has received so many Communities in Bloom Awards.
There is a great sense of pride that a lot of people in the village have about their flowers, their lawns and even other areas.  One couple was out watering their front flower beds and i asked if I could take some pictures of their flowers.  They allowed me to do so and then directed me to their backyard where there was a significant amount of flowers with different figurines and even an herb garden.  They were so proud of what they had done and so were other people I encountered.  It was great seeing how excited people were about their gardens and how proud they were to call Forestburg their home.

To see some of the photos I took check out the village of Forestburg website.

No comments:

Post a Comment