Friday, July 1, 2011

The Sweet Life of a Rural Capacity Intern

With the long weekend coming up and everyone getting ready for Canada Day I decided to reflect on a few of my experiences thus far, specifically one task I was asked to complete. 
Here are some facts about interns that you may not know.
  • An intern must always be willing to get fully involved in things
  • An intern should be willing to get their hands a little dirty
  • Sometimes the task an intern has to complete may be physically strenuous, but it usually isn't. 
  • Nothing can get in the way of a Rural Capacity Intern trying to help out a community.
Today I was asked to complete a very challenging task, at least it was challenging for me.  I had to lift two fairly heavy boxes and take half of the contents from one box and half the contents from another box and put the contents together in a third box.  I know this is challenging but I am fortunate enough to have attended university so I was able to figure things out with little assistance.  Another reason why this task was challenging was because of the contents of the boxes that I was dealing with. The contents of the boxes have been known to cause diseases, pain and suffering in young children and adults, and even changes in personality and temperament in the young and old.  It was definitely a dangerous task, but I knew I could do it. 


Here are some pictures of the substances I was dealing with.
















Have a happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment